Lead Data Business Analyst
We are hiring an experienced Lead Data Business Analyst to join our dynamic team. As a Data Business Analyst, you will play a crucial role in bridging the gap between business needs and technical solutions by collaborating with various teams, including analytical, UX, data engineering, and information architects. Your expertise in articulating requirements, scoping improvements, and ensuring data governance will contribute to the successful delivery of high-quality technical specifications for our Agile Scrum team.
- Should be able to write a technical stories from a data analyst perspective in the level of granularity of table mapping, business rules and the impacted downstream changes as per the business requirement
- Basic understanding of how stored procedures and functions works
- Needs to have a good understanding on data elements, data mapping, validation rules, data cleansing
- Need to have an ability to perform an Impact Analysis on changes that would be made on various data elements
- Need to have a clear view on data governance
- Should know the basic of ETL process understating the source and target systems with the relevant business transformation
- Needs to have a holistic view on DML aspects to ensure the consistency across various source & target systems
- User stories need to be documented in alignment with various external teams like Data Stewards & Information Architects and subsequently this need to be explained to the developers
- They should have a good exposure in agile way of working
- Participates in the scoping of proposed improvements and works with Content Managers, Product Managers, or other Project Managers to turn business requirements into actionable developer specifications.
- Works to mitigate risk while owning tasks, resources, and changes.
- Works independently to provide for data transformation, testing, solving problems, and end-to-end user support needs.
- Advance SQL skills to write custom queries
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on limited experience and discernment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Prepares data models, dataflow diagrams and ETL specifications; participates in architecture review meetings.
- Create/Extend business requirements into Rules and Mapping artifacts
- Should have 10 to17 years of overall experience
- The candidate will be playing a Business Analyst role for an Agile Scrum team accountable for delivering high quality technical requirements based on which development team can manage the data with right business rules
- The candidate will have a chance to dig into technical details surrounding product requirements and specifications
- Should collaborate with DS & IA for ensuring the data governance
- Promote a team culture and environment
- Data Warehousing