Lead Cloud GCP Systems Engineer
We are seeking a talented Lead Cloud GCP Engineer to join our team and contribute to the design, implementation, and management of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) solutions. If you are passionate about cloud technologies, infrastructure as code, and optimizing cloud-based environments, this role offers an exciting opportunity to shape our cloud strategy and drive innovation. We require an experienced Architect who can contribute to critical application and product development projects.
- This resource will be working closely with the Cloud Architect to take defined requirements and lead the development of the necessary automation elements to deploy production workloads to our cloud environment
- First Tier support for internal and external users
- Design, install, configure and maintain cloud resources and develop recovery strategies for all systems
- Monitor and evaluate to ensure timely upgrades and additions of IaaS/PaaS and software to meet growth requirements
- Responsible for fault-tolerance, high-availability, scalability, and security on Google Cloud Infrastructure and Platform,
- Responsible for implementation of CI/CD pipelines with automated build and test systems.
- Responsible for Production Deployment using Multiple Deployment Strategies.
- Responsible for Automating the Google Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Deployment with Infrastructure as a Code.
- Responsible for Automating System Configurations using Configuration Management Tools.
- Good Understanding & implementation of Microservices Concepts and Best Practices
- Enabling application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities.
- Addressing issues promptly, responding positively to setbacks and challenges with a mindset of continuous improvement
- Carrying out POCs to make sure that suggested design/technologies meet the requirements
- Able to learn the services used in the environment quickly.
- Should have overall 8 to 12 years of experience with minimum 5 years of production experience on any public cloud.
- Possesses Leadership traits, and has lead teams for at-least 2 years
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Thorough understanding of Security, Networks, Hybrid Cloud
- A good understanding of GCP Architecture, Deployment architectures
- Basic understanding/exposure to SRE
- Design and implement solutions for clients considering the on-premise infrastructure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Should have experience in GCP Services - Compute(CE, AE, CF, GKE, CR, pub/Sub), Storage, Data tools, Cloud Build
- Should have experience in GCP Networking fundamentals (VPC, VPN, Peering, Interconnect)
- Should have experience in GCP Security fundamentals (IAM, Service Accounts, Workload Iden- tity)
- Should have experience in Container Orchestration
- Should have experience in Container Registry - GCR
- Experience in setting up of Load Balancer, Auto Scaling, databases, firewall rules etc.
- Working knowledge of Backup and Recovery methodology and imple- mentations on GCP.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code Tooling like Terraform
- Experience with at least one Configuration management tool like (An- sible, Packer, Salt, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with Containerization like Dockers and Kubernetes.
- Experience with windows or Linux/Unix administration and Unix shell scripting (bash))
- Experience with at least one Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Pipelines and tooling (GitLab, Jenkins, Bamboo, Circle CI etc)
- Experience with migrating/modernizing various workloads into GCP
- Has understanding of automated infrastructure discovery using the GCP native tools
- Experience with leveraging GCP migration toolset such as Migration Center, Database Migration Service, Cloud Foundation Toolkit, etc.
- Knowledge of modernizing the application hosted on VM/servers to container-based deployment architecture
- Optimize Total Cost of Ownership by leveraging the right services in the GCP landscape
nice to have
- Coding with modern languages like Python, Groovy
- Application development experience